Business Aviation Network (LinkedIn) Survey Comments
Comments: For 2011 end of year survey:
"I'd like to see more input/information on what companies are doing to improve/increase business in today's market."
"Like to see more on rationale for justifying purchase of business aircraft and the decision making processes for down-selecting to the "right" business aircraft."
"More communication between users."
- I'd like to see more input/information on what companies are doing to improve/increase business in today's market.
- "As a younger aerospace engineer and pilot, I am always learning things from postings through the group. It is great to be able to learn about contract dealings, maintenance and repair concerns, and all the many other aspects of this broad and diverse industry.
- Something like a monthly feature on a subset of the industry each month would be of great use to all the younger members of the group looking to broaden their knowledge of the business aviation world."
This is a great idea... what are some subjects you would like to hear about? Let us Know!
- Participation by other members. I have become more active less than a month ago and would hope to see more feedback and discussion.
- Group is far too large to be useful. 11,000 people - how would you make any close network connections in a group that large? Break it down into not only countries, but regions of countries.
- "Month/week statistics fo European/American/Asia business aviation.Thanks"
- All has been great!
- I am more interested in corporate aviation, it's issues, and ROI of aviation some times the posts are just too many to read.
- "I'm still new enough to this group that I'm not sure.I need to get to the main web site and then figure things out more."
- There is nothing I feel to change
- Every day I can count on receiving the same group posts, with the original discussions; should only get an update when there is a new post or discussion. I have lately just deleted the emails without looking at them, and will shortly unsubscribe unless there is significant change.
This is not something that we can control, that is a LinkedIn function
- current events, job openings, advice, etc.
- More industry news relating to company contracts, expansion, and hiring
- Expert Panel online forums discussion, live via linked in with recgonized Industry leaders
We set up something here on the site, check out the Business Aviation Insight menue... future events certainly will include forums via skype, goto meeting and webinars!
- I would suggest different sub groups covering the different disciplines within our industry. I am particularly interested in FBOs and all matters to do with aircraft handling. Security for Business Aviation is also a hot topic.
- I didn't realize there was a web site, for one thing, and it could use some work, design-wise, as it feels crowded and not so much designed as populated.
Good to get some feedback
- too much "noise" on the site.
- Don't allow waffle. It just turns people off. thx.
- I would not like to say, but there are some things that seem quite out of place... I doubt my longest flight is that important nor, for example, the types I have flown
- Like to see more on rationale for justifying purchase of business aircraft and the decision making processes for down-selecting to the "right" business aircraft.
- More business opportunities... maybe a forum for members who are 'sole proprietors' - consultants and other freelancers, specialists who have many years of business aviation industry expertise and have started their own businesses: consulting, PR, web design, marketing, recruitment etc., looking for aviation clients!
- "Less promotions and advertising More serious discussions"
- More mentoring from the executive members & many more questions from the inexperienced/new to industry.
- I think the format is just great at present
- Direct requests for suppliers
- Too new a member to really tell yet!
Welcome Aboard !
- credible content that's based in facts, analysis versus just opinions
- More in Jobs section , rather than Jobs posted randomly wherever someone deems okay to post them, fewer promotions (no more ads for UGG boots, please!!!!)
- New to the groupEngineering consulting and aircraft refurbishing
- Less International posts. Not that there isn't a need for that, or not to suggest excluding those, but sometimes it seems it dominates the discussions. Therefore I think maybe creating the sub-groups would be a good idea.
- More aviation or aviation related jobs.
- More information about the business aviation trends (new aircraft sold, used aitrceaft sold, where they were sold, etc)
- "Its a good group, one of the better on LI.
Thats what we want to hear!
- I would like to see it more focused on Biz Av. Try to get more insight from OEM's and major completion centers, news, trends & product info.
- Keep up the good work! Thanks."
- I like to read interesting posts about the state of the industry, what people are doing and how it's working out, plus what sales look like, what's hot, what's not, and why.
- Aviation Finance related topics - aircraft finance programs, facility development finance programs, finance examinations of aircraft performance (cost, cycle costs, fuel cost, broad industry summaries of operating costs, etc.
- More communication between users.
- Maybe better ways to help job seekers other then the jobs tab. Try to encourage other business professionals to post jobs within their company and delete old jobs after 3 months.
- "I like the open forum debates where people can ask questions and start a thread, there should definitely be more of this encouraged as it aids learning.
- How about a 'spotlight' weekly or monthly where people suggest new innovations/technology and start a debate about it. People post the ideas to you guys, and you use editorial license to choose the topic of the week/month? Great for market research and getting new innovations/products out there in a controlled manner so you don't just get opportunistic ad's flooding the site
Excellent Idea.. will do, and if you have an idea please do not wait for us.... start the discussions!
- Good work guys keep it up. Thanks Alistair"
- Less e-mail. After getting constant or daily e-mail, I disabled it. There was nothing in the e-mail that was interesting or useful.
- Less useless sales pitches for unrelated services and products.
- "I enjoy following the discussions and seeing what challenges the members face. My area of interest would be the actual operations of the flight department, the handlers and the FBOs.
- I am also interested in Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada, UK and EU business aviation sales and marketing."
- "A meet the members post...like, ""here is Bob and here's his story."
" I think we have this covered in the New “Member Spotlight”
- more screening of the 'jobs' so we don't get scammed by some folks who keep posting just to boost their contact list.
- Less recruiters on the main discussion forum.
- I haven't seen too much that has been useful yet, but it is worth scanning through and have passed on some info to clients
- I am interested in piston driven airplanes, singles or twins, and if the engine is going to rotate, then a single with a prop on it. I guess most people who think of BA think jets. That's all fine and dandy, but its not what I'm interested in. I want people to fly smaller planes to small airports, or land on floats in rivers, ponds and lakes. I open side windows to shoot aerial pictures from the right and left seat. Those are my interests.
Excellent, it’s all part of General Aviation and we need to get that message out! AOPA also has an great group here on Linked-In..
- n/a....actually, this is my 2nd reply to this survey
- I just started on the group therefore I am still checking it out. I would like to see if members have any questions or need information/advice regarding Corporate aviation insurance.
- More control of irrelevant postsI think we have a pretty good handle on this already??
- "Like to see more Information on Aviation IT Solutions. Which Airlines use which IT system for flight operations, crew management, flight planning and dispatch system, Engineering Maintenance, Logistics Inventory Management, Flight Data Monitoring System, Documentation system etc. Overall the news and leads on Aviation IT Solutions marketing. New startup airlines etc. Regards"
This group’s focus is on Business Aviation, there are a number of excellent groups which deal in covering the airlines issues.
- I would like to see discussions limited to Business Aviation topics and not digress to general trivia
- The first question on this survey is limiting. I only answered this survey because there appeared to be a note of desperation on the latest announcement email. Maybe the format is wrong?
- Less re-circulation of already published topics.i get it that responses perhaps are new, but could it not be possible to separate new postings from yesterday's ?
That is not something we have control over, that is a Linked-In feature.
- More of the Training requirements for operations staff.
- "I would like to see newsy things like ""did you notice this and that changed in the latest FAR and that has such and such impact on your operation""
- I would like to see bloggy things from people that stretch out their reach for jobs e.g. How they are faring while they are now in dark Africa or something like that. Get some contacts out of it.
- I would like to see stories of pioneering stuff e.g. creating a new airport in Holland (almost unheard of and still reality)"
- More information on the contacts would be good, but overall, very impressed
- To hear more of the troubles or "goodies" others encounter with the different EU and EASA authorities
That is excellent Idea, look for that type of subject in the new “sub-groups” that we will be announcing.
- Job offers, Career Development Opp. , Promotional Offers.
- "entrepreneurship networking opportunities,event opportunities, regional events calendar, MBA graduate opportunities "
- I'm new to the group and have not yet been able to fully assess the group's value in many of these areas.Less inane commentary.
- The issue in my case was the number of emails I used to get concerrning new posts and I finally turned them off. Now I take a look at the news when I have time, which isn't very often.
Following multiple discussions can certainly fill the e-mail box up quickly based on the number of responses, one of the reasons we work hard to maintain group integrity and posting guidelines.
- More collaborative business opportunities.
- I would like to see more information on the salaries that business aviation pilots are paid...Less ads and more discussion of current events. Also more information on jobs and consulting inquiries.
- Companies looking for qualified people to do work for them.
- More current events, keeping the community up to date.
- More polls and more questions.
- I'm new to the group and haven't formed an opinion of what might be missing, or needs to be removed...but I plan to visit the site daily and will begin sharing my opinion(s) soon. Thanks !!!
- "MORE cooperative opportunities with realistic results LESS Discussions with NO RESULT"